Christopher Diodato is the Senior Portfolio Manager at Union Bridge Capital. Chris leverages his diverse industry expertise (research, hedge fund, investment management) to create cutting-edge portfolios and strategies for clients. He utilizes both traditional and quantitative methods to identify opportunities as well as phases of economic cycles. A financial planner as well, Chris’s strategies are tax-aware and tailored to each client’s unique goals.
My Greatest Strengths
- Intellectual curiosity – I’m not afraid to reach for less common areas of financial analysis and economics to find answers to investment problems.
- A commitment to empiricism – Before making any investment decision, I analyze the data to be sure the evidence supports my thinking. I believe emotion and “gut feel” have no place in investment management.
I Want You to Know
- I am one of less than 30 individuals to win the prestigious Charles H. Dow award for investment research. My award paper was on identifying stock market bottoms during bear markets.
What Makes Me Uniquely Me
- Despite being one to get buried in data for hours on end, I am quite extroverted and have a background in the dramatic arts. I like to think the artistic side of me helps to find patterns across markets whereas the mathematical side of me is best at confirming and applying the patterns to my work.
What Drives Me
- There is no such thing as a “perfect investor.” There is always room to be better, and that’s alluring to me. There’s always something new to learn, some new way of investing, and it’s my job to either discover it or create it.
- Portfolio construction
- Investment management
- Economic forecasting
- Quantitative modeling
- Rules-based investing
- Tactical asset allocation
- Factor investing
- Stock selection
- High-net-worth individuals
- Endowments and foundations
- Defined benefit pension plans
- Defined contribution plans
- B.S., Finance Penn State University, 2012
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Chartered Market Technician (CMT)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP)