William (Bill) Generett Jr. is a Business Advisory Board Member at Union Bridge Capital. Throughout his 25 years as an advisor and counsel, Bill has worked as an entrepreneur, nonprofit executive, corporate executive, attorney, teacher, and consultant. Bill currently works as a senior vice president at Duquesne University.
My Greatest Strengths
- I truly believe wide ranging and diverse perspectives create the best results.
- I am a great listener and can develop customized strategies around my client’s need.
- Building trust with my clients, referral partners, and colleagues.
You May Be Surprised to Know
- I am a very active member of the community where I serve on the following boards and advisory committees:
- The Pittsburgh Foundation
- The Pittsburgh Cultural Trust
- Carnegie Museums
- Center of Life
- Shady Side Academy
- Business Advisory Council of the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, Pittsburgh Chapter
- During the Obama administration, I was appointed by U.S. Secretary of Commerce Pritzker to serve as a member of the U.S. Department of Commerce National Advisory Council on Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
- In 2016, I was awarded an honorary doctorate by Carlow University.
- In 2018, I was appointed by Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf to serve as a member of the Ben Franklin Technology Development Authority.
What Makes Me Uniquely Me
- Because I have worked in a lot of different sectors, I bring a unique perspective to any issue that I am working to address.
What Drives Me
- I am extremely competitive. I bring my drive and winning attitude to all interactions.
- Technology, innovation, and the social sector
- Entrepreneurs from different sectors including technology, real estate, construction, and the service sector- providing guidance.
- J.D., Emory University School of Law, 1996
- B.A., magna cum laude, Morehouse College, 1993